What is Audiology?
Which Hearing Aid Suits You the Best?
- Custom (CIC, ITC, ITE, IIC)
- BTE (RIC, Mini BTE, Traditional BTE styles)
RIC: It is the best and widely fitted hearing aid and the most practical one in the market with its style and size. It is suitable for those who have hearing loss ranging from the mild-high frequency(Age-related sloping pattern) but can also fit the severe losses.
Completely In the Canal (CIC): It is designed to fit deep inside the ear canal making it cosmetically invisible. This type is also having natural pinna effect like micro IIC. It also uses the same battery size like IIC and can be suitable for mild-moderate hearing loss.
If you answer yes to some of the following questions, you may have a hearing loss:
- Often ask people to repeat what they say?
- Have trouble hearing in groups?
- Think others mumble?
- Fail to hear someone talking from behind you?
- Turn up the volume on the TV or car radio?
- Have difficulty with the phone?
- Have trouble hearing your alarm clock?
- Have difficulty hearing at the movies
- Dread going to noisy parties and restaurants?
Think about these situations
- Are you embarrassed to talk openly about not being able to hear?
- Are you cutting out activities that you used to love but have become painful because you cannot join in fully anymore?
- At work are you afraid to reveal your hearing loss in case it jeopardizes your job and your supervisor and coworkers may see you as less competent?
- Are you bluffing when out with friends in noisy restaurants?
- Are you feeling cut off from your young children because you cannot hear their high-pitched voices?
- Are family holidays a strain because so many people are talking at once?
These are common reactions and can lead to withdrawal from social interaction, anxiety, loss of self-esteem and even depression.